Sunday, October 15, 2006

vini vidi vinci


Vino. I've never had so much in my life. I'm hoping to join the Wine Society that's being started up at my school. I'm even going to purchase special glasses, my "tools," for the tasting of the wines. I went to a wine tasting at a vineyard yesterday, where we feasted on a four-course meal served on disposable plates and drank 5 kinds of wine from the same glass. So my very first wine tasting wasn't fancy by any means, but it was satisfying. In the picture, I'm at an agriturismo place in Friuli that's a combination vineyard, restaurant, and hotel. Everything we ate and drank for lunch was made on the premises from local ingredients--the place is part of the slow food movement. It was very nummy. Maybe I'll learn something about wine besides the fact that any wine with an animal on its label is automatically palatable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home