Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Giro in bicicleta


I've had a bike for the past 24 hours and already my life has changed. I've gone to school to get internet twice today instead of my usual one visit. That's because it now takes me about a 1o minute fun-and-danger-filled bike ride to get to school as opposed to 25 uneventful minutes laden down with a backpack. I am forced to be more alert as I dodge little old ladies, other bicyclists, vespas, scooters, cars, cracked sidewalks, canine landmines, and lamposts. I feel like I'm in Europe!
Pictured are the 3 bikes of the house--mine is the black one in the foreground. I purchased it from a very sketchy man with a potbelly, a mullet, and maybe 4 teeth altogether. When I entered the shop, which has no sign, the guy seemed to be busily working on a bike. When I asked him if he had any bicycles for sale, he answered, yeah sure, this one right here--and took what would be my bike of his work table. He encouraged me to fare un giro, and I did, and my friend who was with me also took a ride. The bike was slightly to big for her, so I got to buy it. 48 euro. And then I bought a cattina to hopefully deter my bike from getting stolen. I knew the bike was for me as soon as I saw it--it used to be purple, and you can still see bits of purple paint over the black base coat. Purple rocks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tico said...

Well... you know... purple and black are the colors of the Baltimore Ravens jaja. GO RAVENS!
Congrats on your "new" bike!

2:28 PM  
Blogger MaggieRoo said...

Wow I didn't know you had left comments! Thanks.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home